– NON-INVASIVE DETECTION OF VIRUS by RT-PCR
– ANTIGEN RAPID QUALITATIVE TESTS (Ag) for SARS-CoV-2
Rapid and non-invasive testing of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection is a Real-Time PCR method that allows the detection of genetic material – virus RNA even in the early stages of the disease, before the onset of symptoms.
Qualitative determination of SARS-CoV-2 specific virus antigen (Ag) based on an immunochromatographic reaction using Abbott’s antigen test: Panbio ™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device.
YOU CAN TAKE A TEST AT OUR SAMPLE COLLECTION POINT, which is located in Bydgoszcz, in the green area next to the CITY Hotel. Entrance from Jagiellońska Street just after the „Youth Palace” (see plan below).
08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday.
10:00 – 15:00 Saturday and Sunday.
To sign up for a test or to obtain more information, please call us on 605 694 691 or 730 168 706
Who is SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus testing for?
– for people with disturbing symptoms, such as fever, shortness of breath, cough, muscle pain, lack of taste or smell, conjunctivitis;
– for people planning to go abroad and who need a test result certificate;
– for business owners who want to minimize the risk of the virus spreading among employees;
– for people who need to present the result to their employer;
– for people who need periods of convalescence in health centers and sanatoriums.
Cost of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus test in Bydgoszcz.
– the price of the Real-Time PCR test for coronavirus infection is 290 PLN gross.
– the price of the qualitative determination of SARS-CoV-2 specific virus antigen (Ag) with Abbott’s antigen test: Panbio ™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device is 119 PLN gross.
How will I get the Coronavirus test result?
The report with the result of the RT-PCR test is sent to the e-mail address in Polish and / or English within 24 hours. The result will also be available on the patient.gov.pl portal.
The SARS-CoV-2 specific antigen (Ag) result is obtained within 20 minutes. In the event of a positive result, patients are informed by phone. A report is sent with the result of the antigen test in Polish and / or English from 3 – 6 hours after collecting the sample.
What is the procedure for taking a swab?
Virus swabs are collected at the „Go-Thru” point in Bydgoszcz, in the green area next to the CITY hotel. Entrance from Jagiellońska Street just after the „Youth Palace.”
How to prepare for sample collection for the test.
3-4 hours before collecting the material for diagnostic tests, do not:
– eat meals;
– brush and rinse your teeth with any fluid;
– chew gum etc.;
– smoke cigarettes.
According to the recommendations, biological material is collected from the throat and nostrils in the case of Real-Time PCR testing, and from the nasopharynx in the case of the antigen cartridge test.
Why is it worth conducting a test at the Forensic Genetics Institute?
Our experts have 20 years of experience in the field of genetic research. As an Institute, we try to expand our competences and knowledge from year to year.
Molecular tests should be performed in laboratories that meet the criteria developed by the COVID Laboratory Network Coordination Team, and which have been entered by the Ministry of Health onto the list of COVID laboratories.
The laboratory of the Forensic Genetics Institute is fully adapted to conduct tests on samples of SARS-CoV-2. We have a fully automated laboratory, accredited by the Polish Center for Accreditation in accordance with the European standard PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025. Accreditation is a confirmation of the highest quality of diagnostic tests.